Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

remote control

Is there not a remote control that could replace say a Honeywell 6006 on an indirect W.H. ? I mean one that a homeowner could go to and push a button as opposed to moving the dial, and be about 10 feet away from the tank. Thanks

Comments

• EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Maybe

I have used a Honeywell and Johnson Controls digital remote bulb thermostat controllers. Same type as you use for refrigeration. You can mount the control up to 50+ feet away. I have one on my IDWH. The control is like 15ft away from the tank. I ran 2 wire for the sensor and packed the well with heat paste. I can get you the 2 different control part numbers, if you would like?
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Yea!

These people have an aquastat five feet from the tank. Um, they have water Temp. isuues that are special to them.  If I could come up with somthing more adapt to special needs, and easy to read, it would be a real hit. Thanks.
  • Randy Baerg
    Randy Baerg Member Posts: 26
    'remote' DHW tank control

You could look at a tekmar 161 "setpoint" control. It has an LCD digital display and special DHW Mode and would allow them to see and adjust the tank temperature. You would place the tank sensor (included) in the 1/2" well and run the two wires to the controller which could be placed any distance away.

The control needs 24Vac power and has a 24V 2A rated contact that closes to turn on your heating device.
This discussion has been closed.