Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My thoughts on my NAVIEN 240 A On demand water heater.

JoeG
JoeG Member Posts: 88
Ok, When I was thinking of getting a on Demand water heater I had read pretty much nothing but bad things of the navien. I then heard that the 2 gen Models which are out now I guess were better so I decied to try one for my self.

My house has 4 sinks to bath tubs (1 is 100 Gal Whirlpool) 2 showers dish washer and washing machine.

I take showers some times that are pushing 45 Min and not once have I ever ran out of hot water, I have ran two baths at once and never have had a problem the water stays hot and the temp doesnt fluctuate much at all if at all. I have some hi out put water fixtures also.

If I put the unit on recurlation mode it keeps the water hot in the line and the hot water is pretty instant when its called for and it can be adjusted to recurulated at certain times. The unit is in basement is pretty quite and not bad looking its tucked up out of the way.

I leave teh water temp set at 125 Deg.

I am in NY so the ground water is cold at this time of year and the reps from navien were worried about this but not one issue. I can turn the water temp up but 125 is plenty hot.

Figured Id tell you guys and I am very happy with the service ( Had set up questions ) and the unit it self and I do reccommended it.

Comments

• RobbieDo
    RobbieDo Member Posts: 131
    Water Temp

What is the incoming water temp to the HWH? I have a tankless and install many in customers homes. Have only had one issue with them and the customer didn't understand how they worked, just a little different than a tank.
    Rob
  • JoeG
    Not Sure

I am not sure I think its somewhere around the 40 Degtemp at this time of the year.

Not sure how people don't know how they work. You turn hot water on and there it is hot water.

I have a 50 Gal hot water heater on Stand by in case some goes wrong and I have to order parts. I only did this because I had a fairly new tank sitting around and figure why not.

I have seen other units that were undersized for the application and the people werent happy with them.
  • JoeG
    Update

Just a little Update. The Unit is working Perfect. Very Happy with the purchase. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.