Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien Combination CH-180

Options
I recently installed a natural gas Navien CH-180 combination heat and hot water unit for a small apartment for a customer. It ran fine for about 3 weeks, then kept going on 03 error codes (ignition failure) sporadically, then once de-powered, would run fine until the next time it went out.

I worked with tech support, and they rushed me out the parts they thought were faulty, first they sent a PC board, it ran fine for a week after that was replaced, then the same error code appeared. They then sent out an air and a gas pressure switch, same deal, ran fine for 1 day, then 03 error code.

They insinuated I may have a gas delivery problem, I checked the gas pressure, and it was within the parameters.

Finally I got the manufacture's rep out to the job, he tested the differential pressure, made some adjustments, and determined that we had a defective gas valve. They won't replace a gas valve on these units, so instead, they gave me a whole new heater and are paying for my replacement of the new heater, and my previous service calls to replace the other parts.

I'm not sure if I would install another one of these units based on this experience, however the people at Navien were very helpful, and so was the manufacturer's Rep.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.