Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Model Differences

Lyn
Lyn Member Posts: 1
I am considering a Buderus boiler, but I am confused as to which model I should get since I have received two different estimates which suggest different models. Each installer came out to my home in NH and one suggested G 115-4 & the other suggested a G 215-3. I have oil heat and it will be a chimney vent. My house is a 1872 square feet garrison with 3 doors, 17 windows. Windows & vinyl siding are 5 years old, house is 27 years old. The basement is walk out with a 2 car garage under. I understand that it depends on BTU's but how much do I need. I know too much is not good. How do I figure what is right.        

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    You need a heat loss calculation

The right size is always way smaller than most people think,don't be shocked if a 115/3 turns out to be the choice and only because they don't make a smaller one!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Boiler sizing

I agree. Make sure you get a heat loss done.  I have calculated smaller boilers for homes 2-3 times the size of your house. 
  • Mac_R
    Mac_R Member Posts: 117
    Buderus

There are a couple of things you need to consider when you are talking about the G115 compared to the G125BE.  the G115 in most cases you will not need to install a stainless steel liner.  With the G125BE you will have to install a stainless liner because of the lower stack temp.  The G115 will run about 87% and the G125BE will run around 90%.  Is the price of the liner worth the extra cost in comparison to the difference in efficiency?  I recommend with both boilers to have the Logamatic 2107 to be installed.  I have installed both boilers and love each one.  You don't know comfort until you have a Buderus installed.
  • carl_nh
    carl_nh Member Posts: 27
    Buderus G125 & Chimney

MacR is right.. to a point.

We have had the G125BE-21 installed now for two years without a SST liner and do noit have condensation except during low heat requirement months like Mid Oct - Mid Nov and Mid March to Mid April. The condensation is minor - a damp spot on concrete floor next to the cleanout, so I put some rags in the cleanout port during these times.

We have a center chimney house with two FP and a lot of stone mass and the boiler is on the center flue, and is new from the boiler up in 96, so once that mass gets heated it stays warm for days.

The general rule is with an outside chimney (COLD) and the G125BE a liner is required, however with a central chimney and a lot of mass that stays warm a liner is optional.
This discussion has been closed.