Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Turbomax Instanteneous Indirect HW Heaters

Options
Does anyone have any experiences with this line of indirects. I am interested in selling this line,but have been unable to find any reliable reviews.

Thanks

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Best tanks there is for heat transfer....

And I've not had any failures to date (fingers tightly crossed).

They are more expensive than the competition, but they are SIGNIFICANTLY more efficient at heat transfer than anyone elses tanks, including the tank within a tank designs.

If you do a search on this site I am sure you will see my opinion floating around.

Great product. Haven't really had an occasion to press the local rep for assistance to any degree, warranty wise.

It is the only tank I use.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • o311sta
    o311sta Member Posts: 9
    Options
    the instanteneous tankless

Hey Mark,

The only experience I have with turbomax is a t 60 off 2     400,000  btu boilers control ed by a tekmar 274 now with a 24 -20 pump (formley taco 1400 series)

My impression is it acts just like a tankless in a boiler, High initial water out then drops and slowly catches up.

just my limited experience

kevin
  • Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Options
    Could you be overpumped?

The tank has a very low pressure drop on the boiler side. I have a 23 at my home, hooked up to a Prestige Solo 60 (yes, that's 60kBTU) and I'm using a 15-58 on low speed. Obviously, with 26 gallons of storage and 60kBTU I'm not swimming in hot water, but recovery is quick - because I'm maintaining a relatively high delta T across the boiler and flow is relatively low, hot water stacks at the top of the tank and the high efficiency coil makes sure that the domestic water leaving the tank is nice and hot, too. At least that's what I think is going on, but I could definitely see where overpumping could be counterproductive to recovery.
  • o311sta
    o311sta Member Posts: 9
    Options
    rep. wanted a 1600

there was  a 0010 on it.

the rep intially wanted us to put a 1600 pump on, we asked him to recommend something els,.hence  the taco  24-20 .
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    I've seen that problem before...

but not with Turbomax. I only use low mass modcon boilers.

When I saw the problem, it was on cast iron boilers, which if allowed to cool down, will have to heat their castings before the hot water hits the coils, and you can see a lag in initial output. Such is the nature of the beast.

The other thing that will cause the lag is the use of the capillary tube temperature controller. I always use a thermistor that gives the boiler a faster call for heat.

Your milage may vary depending upon the configuration and control logic used.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.