Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BF3 Post purge

May I ask a question?  I've just come across a Riello BF3.  The problem, the oil does not shut off during the post purge cycle.  At first I thought it was the oil valve stem but no.  Then I thought it was the post purge timer but that's not it.  I tried a new pump thinking the valve was fouled. (the filtration is poor, FB4 from an old tank single pipe to the burner.)  I haven't ruled out the stem even though it's fresh out of the box.  The reason I say that is even if I remove the solenoid the oil is still delivered though it seems to have a restricted flow.  Am I missing something?  Any help would be great, Thanks.

Peace

Matthew  

Comments

• World Plumber
    World Plumber Member Posts: 389
    wiring

My training manual says for post purge remove the sub base to ensure proper wiring. white (motor) wire on #12 with yellow wire from AL1009. Attach gray wire from AL1009 circuit board to #7. Blue wire ( oil valve coil) on #11 with one of the blue wires from the AL1009 CB. Attach the remaining wire from the board to #2. Take either red wire and place it with the blue wire on #6. A continuously powered wire must be run from the service disconnect to the remaining red wire to provide power for proper operation.

Note if equipped with K7R Module the black wire entering the module connects to the wire from the disconnect and the red wire for continuous power.

Gray and white wires from K7R connect to 'L' and 'N'.
  • Matthew Grallert
    Matthew Grallert Member Posts: 109
    Regarding wiring

Thanks World for the reply.  This is the way the sub base is wired, I double checked to be sure.  I'l return this afternoon and triple check and also pull the valve stem. 

It's weird, this is the first time I've run into the.  These things tend to be pretty stout burners. 

Peace

Matthew
This discussion has been closed.