Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ultra Fin...real deal or just some hot air

OneHungLow
OneHungLow Member Posts: 11
Hi all, I am considering a radiant install using the Ultra Fin convective system.

I am heating with a conventional boiler set at 175-180 degrees, I can see the advantage of compatibility.

I would really like to hear from previous install experiences. I've heard the install can be very difficult. I am also interested to hear if their claims of performance hold water. Did your local code enforcement readily accept the recommended install method. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill

Comments

• radmix
    radmix Member Posts: 194
    Ultra Fin

I have well over a dozen installs with this product with no problems. Make sure you do a heat loss on the structure to make sure radiant will work for you. Also the insulation detail has to be spot on. 2" air gap above and below the plates. Its not my first way of doing radiant heat but for a retro fit low cost system that can work without having to mix my water temps down its worked great for me.
  • radmix
    radmix Member Posts: 194
    Ultra Fin

I have well over a dozen installs with this product with no problems. Make sure you do a heat loss on the structure to make sure radiant will work for you. Also the insulation detail has to be spot on. 2" air gap above and below the plates. Its not my first way of doing radiant heat but for a retro fit low cost system that can work without having to mix my water temps down its worked great for me.
  • OneHungLow
    OneHungLow Member Posts: 11
    Radmix

Thanks for the positive input....a dozen installs is proof enough for me. I will do the math and see if it fits my heat load, appreciate it. Bill
This discussion has been closed.