Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

burner tech being truthful?

needs_help
needs_help Member Posts: 1
came home to night and found burner not starting.  kept trying to start but would not stay lit. I have a Rialoo f5.  it is very cold tonight.  colder than typical.  0F.  Called a tech.  he cleaned and replaced filter and nozzle.  It has been 2 years since my last cleaning. I watched the whole service.  noticed that when the he removed the burner he turned two screws that appeared to be adjustment screws.  After the cleaning and reassembly, the burner still would not start. tech suggested the pump may be bad.  then he said "well lets see if I can get this working for you tonight and I'll come back tomorrow with a new burner for you." he "played" with the same adjustment screws I saw him previuosly turn for about fifteen minutes and then the burner worked.  Am I being taken advantage of?  Did he set-up the burner to continue to operate as I descibed to him initially even after the nozzle was changed?  Could the very cold weather have something to do with the air and pump pressure just needing some adjustments?  the burner is 8 years old.  appreciate any advice.  thanks!

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    sounds like

you have no faith in him. I think it would be best for you both if you seek another service provider. What he was "playing" with could be anything, and not necessarily the pump pressure. There is also head adjustment screws, on other things of the sort that he could have been doing. He should have put a gauge on if it was a pump pressure change. Sounds like you had heat when he left, so something must have been in need of adjusting
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Oil boilers need a yearly service

Find a service company near you that you trust and schedule a cleaning for each spring or summer.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Amen Charlie

an ounce of prevention
This discussion has been closed.