Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil lift pump

jfplumr
jfplumr Member Posts: 13
I was on a job today and saw an oil lift pump system. I have seen and worked on these before but they always supplied a day tank. This system was piped from the fuel tanks into the lifter then into the attic and back to the fuel tanks. The burner was piped as a two pipe system from the overhead piping. ( Similar to a primary/secondary piping system.) The lift pump is wired to start with the burner motor and shut off with the burner motor. The burner has a non pre-purge R81874G control. I thought this was an unusual install and would like more opinions on it.

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    I have one like that

Never had a problem with it. Much better than a day tank. Is the pump powered from the cad cell relay directly? I prefer a separate switching relay to power the lift pump. This system once supplied 4 modine type furnaces firing 1.50 GPH each. There are only 2 running off it now.
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    lift pump

Have seen many systems like this in industrial aps. There may be a pressure regulator at the end of the line that allows the line to pressurize but sends excess oil back to the tank. Not an uncommon set-up at all.
This discussion has been closed.