Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Glycol injection system

Options
I know i have read about it but never seen one. What I'm talking about is a system that will attach in place of fresh water make up on a glycol filled heating system. On a pressure drop it will inject a small amount of glycol to maintain working pressure. Who makes these? Does anybody have experience with them? Thanks much!

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    These guys do.

http://www.axiomind.com/

I think you fill this device with a mix of glycol and water at the concentration you want in your system.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,208
    Options
    B&G

has one and Axiom has a hydronic and solar version.

If you want a simple one just to use as a start up, to replace purged air for a few days or so here is one you can assemble.

Pump the glycol into the tank at about 60psi or so, and the Autofill valve you adjust to the fill pressure desired. The gauge monitors the tank charge pressure.

A Webstone purge ball valve works also. This solar valve gives you a fill and pressure port and a shutoff.

A small # 15 gallon expansion tank will "squirt" about 2 gallons out.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • oldpipefitter
    oldpipefitter Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you

Thank you.... I knew i'd seen them.

Great idea Hot Rod.
  • Tombig_8
    Tombig_8 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Glycol Feed

Here's acouple pics from a snowmelt job with permanantly installed feeder. I use a pressure boost pump to charge the holding tank. On smaller systems I only leave provision for manual feed these days. This ones been in service 4yrs without needing a recharge.
This discussion has been closed.