Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless experiences

TWar
TWar Member Posts: 6
Hey guys just wondering what type of tankless hot water heaters you all use.  I've been using Navien for the past 2 years.  The first generation was no good at all; probably a 50% callback rate.  Most of the problems were due to the PCB.  Now that the second generation is out the PCB is fine but more of the components are breaking down; mostly flow sensors.  It's an easy fix but every callback costs money, right (not to mention reputation)?  The 2nd generation Naviens are still generating about a 25% callback rate?  Just wondering about everyone else's experience with these units or other ones as I am always looking at differnent brands to find the best product.  Thanks for the input.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Rinnai makes a pretty good one.

I have had decent luck with the Rinnai's and the newer generation Bosch's (the 800's).

I didn't like the Navien either.
  • AHerra
    AHerra Member Posts: 15
    Brand

I have had great experience with Noritz and Takagi. I have found homes with good water softners really help with the longevity of any tankless. Takagi customer support is probably the best reaching knowlegable agents and quick ship on parts if there is a problem. Noritz customer support takes for ever to get someone to answer but is good at getting parts out.
  • tankless

We are up over 200 Noritz with 60 in one coop. in the past 4 years 1 callback and Noritz tech support had it solved in under 10 min.
This discussion has been closed.