Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

roth multitherm

Options
Several years ago a multitherm system was installed in a high end home ($8,000,000.00) in Telluride Co. The system worked flawlessly for a few years but now some of the zones don't work properly. Roth dosen't seem to have any one in their company who knows anything about their system or how to trouble shoot it.I have been in touch with Roth but to no avail. Is there anyone out there that knows how to trouble shoot this system. Roth cannot even tell us the least bit about it or how to know when the base module or circuit modules are working properly. They have little flashing lights but no one at Roth knows what they mean. It a shame because the the system is a variable temperature and flow system which seems to be a great way to maintain temperatures in individual zones. Any help would be appreciated because no information will come from Roth the company that designed and sold this system 

Comments

• Mike Reavis_2
    Mike Reavis_2 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Try a Canadian Rep.

http://www.roth-canada.com/cae/Pradiant-b.html

I googled roth multitherm, and multitherm.

I do not know anything about it.

With Regards,

Mike
  • SteveFMS
    SteveFMS Member Posts: 1
    Options
    It's always the Base Module

I'm a homeowner on the West Coast (Seattle area) that got sucked into this system in 2000 and am apparently either the only owner, or 1 of 2, west of the Mississippi.

It's a great system but never sold well because the control center is pretty bare-bones for a home system, and Roth never improved it.

I have ended up having to do my own troubleshooting and maintenance over the years (no installers know anything about it) and 100% of the time it has come down to a bad Base Module.

The Base Module is the circuit unit which interfaces with the central panel and controls up to 4 circuit modules.  Usually there is 1 Base unit per manifold.

Roth still has a back-stock of them, and they run $100-150 delivered usually.

Often the lights on it, or on its circuit modules, will grow dim or not light.

I first tried replacing circuit modules but it didn't solve the problem, and now at 11yrs out I've replaced almost 50% of my Base Modules.  It's the only part I've had to replace.

Part # is 2340420923
This discussion has been closed.