Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G115 Daytime home temp won't rise above 64 degrees

Options
<span style="font-size:12pt">In 2007 we replaced our Weil-McLain with a Buderus G115 Boiler with a Carlin EZ-1 Burner. It has 3 TACO-00, upstairs heat, downstairs heat, hot water heater. It has a Honeywell Aquastat controller. Downstairs heat is controlled by Honeywell Programmable Thermostat. Upstairs controlled by round Honeywell Thermostat.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I got laid off and have been home daytimes in this early cold spell in the Northeast and have noticed that no matter what I set either thermostat to during the day the temperature never gets above 64 degrees. However in the late afternoon the temp starts rising until it gets to the temp set on the thermostat, without me doing anything.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I am no HVAC person in any sense and have searched the web for a few days now and can find no info on why the Buderus is doing this. There must be some kind of thermostat I don’t know about. I see info about the Logomatic control on the web, but I don’t think we have one. There is some kind of control in a gray box marked Honeywell on top of the boiler. I can see an LED display through a metal tab hole. I don’t know what it is doing though.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">Is there anything I can do to get the temp to go up during the day? I’d at least like to know what is going on before I call the HVAC guy out.</span>

Comments

• chauncey1874
    chauncey1874 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Options
    more info

see other post
  • chauncey1874
    Options
    more info

After 9 hours the temp display and temp set on the thermostat are both at 70 degrees.  The temp on the gauge is 150. I turned the thermostat up to 77 to make a call for heat. The burner turned on. The temp on the gauge went to 170. The temp on the LED display in the box went to 180. The burner stayed on for about a minute. The temp display on the thermostat actually went down 1 degree to 69. The burner has turned on and off a few times while I have been uploading the pics and writing this post. How do I know if the circulator is running? When the burner first turned on the pipes banged a little bit. The pipes have been warm all day. The gauge is now at 160.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    looks like

you have zone valves, and not circs from the pics. The circ looks like an 008 or 0010. I must say, these pics could be posted on the ugly part of the Wall. Not that good of an install. I would look into the program for the thermostat, and possible zone valve, or the zones are not correct-as in the thermostat wires do not coincide with the piping. 
  • chauncey1874
    Options
    Honeywell Electronic Aquastat

It's been another 5 hours and the termostat temp display still reads 69 degrees. I turned the setting down to 73 degrees but the reading has never gone over 69. The thermostat display also says HEAT ON this whole time, which according to the manual means it it calling for heat.

Under the gray box is a Honeywell Electronic Aquastat
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    the aquastat

is doing it's job, as it has raised the boiler water temp. More pics would be good. Pics of more boiler area piping, baseboards, etc
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Bill is heading you in the right direction.

From the info that you have given us, I suspect that you have incorrect T-stat wiring.  Meaning that the zones don't interact with the appropriate thermostat.

My second suspicion would be that there is a problem with that programmable t-stat.

While your boiler is not one of the better installations out there, all appears to be moderately functional.

Try turning up another t-stat in the house and see if your radiation (baseboard, radiator, etc.) in the downstairs gets warm.  If so then they are crossed.

If that doesn't work, then try a different t-stat in that programmable's location.

Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.