Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Controls

I am needing guidance from a Honeywell control guru...

Must be familiar with oil fired controls i.e. R845A and R4184G.

Thanks,

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Honeywell Control:

You can't get an answer without asking the question. What is it?
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    What limit

controls do you have? Those have to be wire in there too. Why not combine everything and go with a R8182 A,D ?
  • newbie2this
    newbie2this Member Posts: 18
    Honeywell Control

I have and old surface mounted honeywell minneapolis LX aquastat external mounted, wired back to my R845A and then going to my R117A stack contoller.

I would like to replace my R117A with a R4184G and use a photocell that looks at the flame and seal up my stack hole.

Thanks,

John
  • newbie2this
    newbie2this Member Posts: 18
    Honeywell Control

I looked at the R8182D and F model, but I have nine cast radiators in my house on a circulator, and they're on the same zone, so just putting an R4184G with photocell would be cheaper, and do the same thing.  Just want to know if the R845A can be wired with a R4184G and exactly how?

Thanks,

John
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Control:

It's complicated. Use the triple acting control. That eliminates the RA845. Then, use a primary burner control that replaces the illegal RA117 stack switch. Eliminate the old junk controls. If it is a three wire control to the stack switch, you will pull your hair out, if you have any. You need the circulator control part of the triple acting control.

It's complicated.

I find that many electricians are clueless when it comes to boiler controls. I often must re-wire after them. It will be even more difficult to walk you through this if you don't have a background in controls. You could make a dangerous situation worse.

Find someone that knows what they are doing.

It matters not to me what you decide to do. My stuff works fine.  
This discussion has been closed.