Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fan Convector

Options
Hello All:  I'm looking for a high output (30-50K BTU at 130 degrees F) fan convector, but am having no joy.  Does anyone have a direction to point, or am I wanting something that isn't made?  Thanks for your help.

Yours,  Larry

Comments

• Roland_18
    Roland_18 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Fan Convector

Check out Myson.

http://www.mysoninc.com/store.asp?pid=16794
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,307
    Options
    Thanks! I went there...

... first , but their highest output at 130 is the Low Line convector at just over 11,000 BTUs.  Maybe I should stack 'em up!

Yours,  Larry
  • aemeeich
    aemeeich Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Beacon Morris has what you want

Check out Beacon Morris.  They have lots of options to accomplish what you want

Here is an example of what will work -

RWI-1120-10 with Option 29   This is the recessed wall unit, inverted air flow (discharge on lower face of unit), size 10, with the optional double row, high-output coil.

This configuration will give you 37kbtu on low fan speed, and 41kbtu on high fan speed with 130° entering water temperature and 65° entering air temperature.  The cabinet is 25 inches high, 9.5 inches deep, and 66 inches wide.

If you go with the -12 size, you will get 43kbtu on low, or 48kbtu on high.  The cabinet is 25 inches high, 9.5 inches deep, and 73 inches wide.

Check out their website and look for the Cabinet Unit Heater Catalog.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,307
    Options
    Thanks!

:~)
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I concur,

Beacon Morris, Trane, McQuay, Airtherm, others, all make these. We specify them as "Cabinet Unit Heaters" but these are aka "fan forced convectors". So, you have options.

Coils will tend to be at least four rows with those low temperatures. Select carefully, follow their instructions or have the factory rep do it. Not just the entering water, but leaving too, or average, but be specific in your terms.

One detail though. If you go with the inverted airflow aemeeich suggested (and I agree, a nice pool of low warm air to rise), do not be tempted by the integral thermostat. When in the cabinet, they can think they are satisfied by convection before the fan starts and not start at all.  Go for a remote thermostat.

Also suggest you select on low speed (meaning a larger unit, but quieter) and you have a bit more capacity in reserve with high speed should you ever need it.

For controls, you can wire up so that the valve opens (if you are using a valve) and the fan starts at the same time or by an end switch, that is simplest. You can also set it up so the valve opens first and a return line reverse-acting aquastat starts the fan, to prevent blowing cold air if this is a direct comfort application.

If you want to get fancy, we sometimes do two-stage operation. Stage one opens the valve and it acts as a passive convector for milder days or when vestibule doors are cold, a form of freeze protection. Second stage starts the fan. Easy.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Fan Convector

Brad,

Nice answer and explaination.

Very nice.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Thank you, Icesailor

That means a lot to me for you to say that. :)
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.