Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

condensation measurement

Options
none
none Member Posts: 16
does anyone know of any resourses to find out how much condensation per hour or per day a condensing boiler will produce?  I'm sure it will vary depending on ODT, set points, etc.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Impossible

I think it would be impossible to really answer the question. Viessmann gives an average flow rate per day in the Vitodens 200 Tech Data Manual. They state that the rate is based on typical boiler cycles and at a 104 supply 86 degree return water temp. It also varies dependent on boiler size from 2.6 gallons per day to 5 gallons per day on boilers up to 160,000 btu's.

With Lamda Pro Burner Technology and the ability to keep the dew point stable I think this would be a good number.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A decent estimate is

one gallon per therm (100 MBH  or 1 ccf) input. I have measured this over time and it holds pretty well.

You can confirm this with a clock and a bucket, noting the actual firing time and that the return water temperature is 120F or less, to make sure you are wringing it out.

But a gallon per therm will get you to within 5% of most of your combustion profile.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.