Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cliplight super seal hvacr-- any experinces or feedback

I have been looking for a solution to those micro leaks in our split system a/c and heat pumps which we cannot find.  Johnstone supply offered us this product as a solution.  The product is SuperSeal line of refrigerant micro leak sealants by Cliplight.  HAs anyone had any positive or negative experiences with htis product?

Comments

• 410-A Leaks are menacing

I am a Goodman/Amana dealer in Eastern PA and I can tell you that alough our leaks are  infrequent, the leakers we do encounter are extremely menacing.  Last time I checked our cost for 410 was around 10 bucks a pound.  Our typical 3-ton heat pump holds around 14 lbs.  Recently we worked on a system that leaked approximatley 6 lbs of refrigerant.  I spent 6 hrs of my time trying to find the leak with no satisfactioin.  Amazing.  Detection of micro leaks is one thing about refrigeration that has always puzzled me. These are systems which are covered by manufactures 10 year parts and labor warranty.  The manufacturer does'nt always comply with allowances for refrigerant when leaks are not found and/or parts not replaced.  The best solution I have found is to tell them the leak was found and repaired and hope for the best as far as recouping monetary losses.  Dunno.
  • High pressure seems to be a problem

I nearly always lock down the charge into the outdoor unit and then pressure test the lineset and evaporator  I have found some micro leaks occurring much faster at higher pressures.  Its just really frustrating that these problems cost us money.  I'm thinking of self insuring our products through offering annual service contracts rather than offering a manufactures extended warranty. 
  • Steve Bukosky_2
    Steve Bukosky_2 Member Posts: 12
    The Jury is out yet.

As a distributor, we sell the Cliplight. This summer NuCalgon introduced their version of a refrigerant sealer. While they say that the military uses it. I think that may be to get the system running without regard to "possible" long term complications. So, just that the military uses it does mean that I'd use it in a consumer's unit, though I've been tempted.

You see, I also have been trying to gather experiences with the product. I just don't get feedback one way or the other. At this point I'd use it only on out of warranty jobs and as a final act of desperation.
This discussion has been closed.