Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uponor Manifold Question

Options
Kungur
Kungur Member Posts: 49
I am trying to flush/purge a TruFlow manifold and cannot seem to figure out how to "turn" the drain on. I have my garden hose connected but I am stuck!

Anybody wiser that I??

Thanks!

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Never used one before, but....

I usually do all of my purging in the mechanical room where floor drains are readily available, so I have never actually used their drain cap, but in looking on line at their descriptive literature, it would appear that you use the drain cap, upside down, as the handle/wrench to turn the drain valve off and on.

If that doesn't work, I am sure that someone with more field experience will chime in.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Kungur
    Options
    Uponor Manifold Question

Mark,

I thought that might be the case. BUT when I loosen the little square stem it leaks water all over!

I think I will call Uponor tomorrow.

I have to say that the Everhot manifolds that I used are much more user friendly.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options
    You're loosening the wrong thing...

That cap has a vent AND a purge cock. If you open the vent, it WILL leak water all over the place.

Switch the handle to the actual stem on the drain cock, and water should come out of the hose thread portion.

ME

• Kungur
    Options
    Uponor Manifold Question

The part I am lossening is on the bottom side not to vent cap. There is a little recessed stem that the hose bib cap has a corresponding hole. This is the point where it leaks.
  • Mark Eatherton
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah...

There is an "O" ring seal on the shaft of the valve. Sometimes if you open it all the way, then closed it completely, then reopen it, it will reset the O ring and should seal.

Sometimes not. Be prepared :-)

Also check to make sure the body of the stem/packing gland are firmly screwed into the body of the valve. Sometimes they are shipped loose.

ME

This discussion has been closed.