Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensing Boiler with Indirect DHW

Options
newbie2this
newbie2this Member Posts: 18
I currently have an old 1940's oil fired burner and a 275 gal tank both in my basement.  I also have a NG hot water heater.  My heat system is a closed recirculating hydronic system with wall recessed radiators.  1500sq ft living area.  I would like to install a NG 5to1 condensing boiler with a indirect tank for DHW.  I have been looking at the Triangle tube solo boiler and the indirect tank, I have a dealer in my area that sells the Viessmann boilers, but I am unsure of who/which is the better boiler...  I have looked at many to include Lochinvar, Weil McLain, Slant Finn, but of all the Prestige seems to be the best!?  Cost is a concern, but so is quality, and I no of no one in the Baltimore area that specializes in these installations.  Any help/advice would be appreceiated.

Thanks,

Comments

• bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    new condensing gas boiler

How many bathrooms do you have? I installed a Prestige Excellence Nat gas boiler last October. this model is a 110,000 BTU input boiler with a 14 gallon indirect water heater built right in with the boiler. the 14 gallon indirect water heater delivers 180 gph (3 GPM) domestic hot water. if you install alsons 1.6 gpm shower head you could run two showers at one time.  I took out a 33 year old oil fired WM boiler with domestic coil and lat year I would have used about $2000.00 for oil and my Nat gas bill for heat and hot water was only $950.00.  if you need more hot water that 180gph use their prestige solo with their smart stainless steel indirect water heater them make them in 30 gallon to 120 gallon models. ask your heating contractor to offer you a 5 or 10 year parts and labor warranty that way you cap your repair costs for 10 years. you still need to get your boiler inspected and cleaned/serviced yearly.and that is not covered by the extended warranty. the prestige boilers are great units.

• newbie2this
    newbie2this Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Prestige System upgrade

Thanks for your reply,

I currently have 9 radiators, (one zone) with a recirculating pump, and 1 bath, 1 kitchen sink, and plans to add 1 more full bath. I see no need to change the one zone system for my heat, and am OK with a 30 gal indirect smart tank...

your thoughts?

This discussion has been closed.