Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

best way for 2nd circ on Burnham MPO w/ L7248C??

This  Burnham MPO I just bought for it's high efficiency has an L7248C aquastat that only works with a single zone? Requiring me to buy a separate relay panel? Why not just sell me the L7248L aquastat with ZC/ZR so I can use an 845 relay!!!??? I'm not using an indirect so there is no priority issues.

Am I missing something here or am I too cheap cause I don't want the extra panel??

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Zone Control

Just use a 2 zone circ relay..It is the best and easiest way unless you want to use a couple of RIB relays which will be cheapier.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • aop
    aop Member Posts: 2
    another Opinion

The 7448 as you know does not have terminals for xr - xc.  What you will need to do, as you are familiar with the 845 is to use the #5 and #6 terminals on the 845 as low voltage to the 7248.  You will need to disconnect the C1 and C2  and use two 845's.
  • aop
    aop Member Posts: 2
    another Opinion

The 7448 as you know does not have terminals for xr - xc.  What you will need to do, as you are familiar with the 845 is to use the #5 and #6 terminals on the 845 as low voltage to the 7248.  You will need to disconnect the C1 and C2  and use two 845's.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Adding just one more zone ?

If you're thinking about adding more than the one zone in the future , I'd suggest like the others said and get a multizone relay .

If you're sure it'll be the one extra zone and that's all , a Taco single zone relay is all you'll need . I'm not familiar with that particular model number aquastat , but if it has the ZC / ZR terminals , this should work ...........

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-9.0.pdf

Page 89 , " Alternate wiring " ..............  that's how we integrate an extra zone into a triple aquastat , and it works well .
This discussion has been closed.