Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Air Handlers.

Options
I have been looking at air handlers. Im replacing one that is about 15 years old. 3 ton packaged unit. Horizontal, mounted in unconditioned space. I looked at Trane, Carrier, Rheem, Goodman, Lennox. They all look the same to me. A sheet metal box with a fan and a drain pan. Is their anything better construction wise? I was thinking of something double walled with foam insultion or whatever would be a better approach than lining some sheet metal with duct board. Something easier to keep clean? So far, I think I like the trane the best. It just looks a bit better assembled but not much. Could be the flashy logo.

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    RE: air handlers

Try looking at Titus or First company, also majic air belt drive unit.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    RE: air handlers

Try looking at Titus or First company, also majic air belt drive unit.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Trane

Go with the trane there airtight model units are pretty tough and multi postioning is easy ,there cabinets are much better made then rheem ,goodman and first co at least when you remove all the cabinet doors the unit does not fold in nor does the cabinet flex on larger units when the fan goes on ,plus the real bonus is that getting oem parts for trane has always been good to me ,pans ,coils and what ever residental and commerical are usually always avaiable ,arrier is not to shabby either but it has been years since i have used there stuff byrant stuff is also decent stuff same as carrier peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.