Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new oil tank

Options
Macky
Macky Member Posts: 1
I need to replace an oil tank that is approaching end of life. The oil company has said the tank 'could go at any moment'. They have provided an estimate for a new Roth Double Walled 165 or 275 gallon tank for <span>$2,445.00. They also quoted $2145.00 for a Highland 275 gallon steel tank. The proposal includes pumping the oil out of the old tank and disposing in an approved manner. The new tank includes new fill and vent pipes, vent alarm, oil lines, tank gauge, oil filter, and tank a shutoff valve. Do these seem like reasonable prices? They say the prices were from last year so this years cost will be slightly higher. </span>

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    We do not discuss pricing

This is a world wide forum and each company and country has their own ways of pricing and shooting off answers over the internet is not fair to consumers or contractors. ANy tech questions we will be happy to help you with though.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Oil tank chnge:

I'm not discussing price with you in any. Just what I do in my practice.

It is nice of them to get rid of the old oil at a fee. When MY customers need a new tank, I try to run it down to nothing so I don't have a lot of old oil to get rid of. Some might not agree with me on this but I have a pump that I put two spin-on filters and pump thr remaining oil into 55 gal drums from the old tank. I have to get all the oil out of it to get rid of it so I might as well do it now.

Then, after removing the old tank and installing the new tank, I change the spin on filters and pump it into the new tank. I have a number of places that have waste oil furnaces that heat their shop and use up their old lube oil etc.

But, do what works for you. Every area has its own ideas.
This discussion has been closed.