Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What's NEW in the world of controls?

Options
Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Wallies, I have been somewhat out of touch with current trends, and now find my self being asked a question that I cannot answer easily, so I am resorting to the Wall for resources.

The customer wants to be able to put his snowmelt system into IDLE mode (its a tekmar with available contacts and input) with his cell phone.

Anyone know of any inexpensive interfaces, preferable WIFI based that could fill the bill?

Also, what's this new Zigbee stuff all about. It's the only buzz I've heard lately.

Thanks

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Remote control

Mark,

I am real happy with this companys remote T-stat products, We have 1 in WP, 1 at home, and 1 at our lake cabin.

They make a remote product also:

http://www.diycontrols.com/p-6598-bayweb-remote-hybrid-internet-alarm-control-system.aspx

I havent been out to WP since late May, were comming in Sept for sure. I miss my mountains !!!

Tim
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Thanks Tim...

We still need to get together, no?

Fall is quickly approaching the high country. It has been an extremely wet Summer, and will hopefully be a colorful Fall.

I will run this by the consumer to see if it is what he is looking for.

Appreciate the input.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Colorado in the fall...

Yes, we do need to get together, I'll let you know when we firm up dates, and we will have you over. Were hopping for some color too, enough of the "Colorado Red Pine" :( 

I drove by your place on CO-9 last May, not sure exactly where your spot was, but the drive sure was beautiful.

Hope to get others to chime in on the " ZIGBEE " stuff too !!!

Tim
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO
  • Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Options
    Cute.

Cute.
This discussion has been closed.