Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Location of Burham V8 Serial Number

robertod
robertod Member Posts: 3
I'm having trouble locating the serial number on our Burnham boiler.

I did locate a number on a silver tag on the top/front (8142819R1), but I'm not sure if this is it.

It's a replacement boiler, and I think I remember the tech saying that he also couldn't locate a serial number on the unit. Trying to get this info so I can talk to Burnham about replacing the replacement !

Can anyone tell me where these are general located ?

and is there just 1 serial number, or one for the boiler and one for the burner ?

thanks !

Rob

Comments

• robertod
    MORE...

Looks like the number I posted is probably not the serial number. It looks to me the part number of the tag itself.

On the inside of the unit, I see a paper-ish tag that is mostly destroyed that has at least 7 digits. something like ...102804?...

Wondering if this might be it.

I see no other numbers on any tags or parts.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    The serial number tag

is usually shipped separately , at least for the knockdown V8s we install .  It's a siver tag that has the model number and ratings also . If you can't see it , more than likely the installers forgot to stick it on the boiler . Do you remember which company installed the first replacement ? They should have a record of it . Burnham should have the info too , since it's a replacement .
  • robertod
    ...missing

Thanks for the response Ron.

The replacement was installed by Petro. Burnham said they needed a serial number to identify the unit, and Petro didn't seem to have a record as they didn't do the ORIGINAL install. That was done by someone else (McGreevey ?) for the previous homeowners. I suppose I may need to contact the original installer.

I think you're right - the tag seems to have been forgotten. The rating plate is there, but with no additional info. I think I have 6 of the 7 or 8 digits needed - I'm hoping they can pull this up in their system.

Rob
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    edited August 2010
    I'm sorry

but I don't think the warantee is transferrable to a new homeowner . Did Petro replace the boiler after you bought the home ?  Maybe the policy changed .

Burnham should have a paper trail . Someone there had to sign off on the first replacement . It's kinda funny how warantee info seems to fall through the cracks alot .......  I had my own indirect leak after 5 years and since there was no serial number ( very small sticker that tends to " unstick " easily ) I was SOL .

What happened to the boiler that it needs to be replaced ?  2 in a short time is kinda rare .

Good luck Robert . 
This discussion has been closed.