Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello post purge

I've got a Viessmann Vitola w/ Riello burner.  It has a 30 second pre-purge, but no post-purge.  Is it common for pressure-fired boilers not to have a post-purge cycle?  I'm sure the engineers at Viessmann know more about their equipment than I do but I'd think it would make sense to run the blower on the burner at least long enough to clear the flue chamber before the draft regulator.  Would there be any harm in this?

Comments

• Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Riello has a post purge control

for their BF series burners , usually used with direct vent boilers . I'm sure you could purchase the control separately . Last one I installed was years ago and the control fits inside the cover . Not the best place in my opinion . Too tight to begin with in there . I'm suprised they haven't come out with a primary control with post purge function , like Beckett and the new Honeywell .

I agree . Post purge on a minimum time setting is a good idea . I set our Beckett burners to 15 seconds .
  • shoudabeenaplumba
    shoudabeenaplumba Member Posts: 74
    It's a straight draft

Riello 40-f3 with a chimney draft.  No direct vent.   I've installed a stainless insulated liner,  and the draft is much improved.  I'm just at the end of a long long tunnel and looking for excuses to keep disappearing for a few hours into the bowels of my house. 

My wife asked me if I had plans to install a beer fridge in the boiler room.
  • Jack172
    Jack172 Member Posts: 1
    Riello controller failure

Can the riello controller get damage during annual routine cleaning?  What woudl cause it to fail?
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Beer Coolers:

""My wife asked me if I had plans to install a beer fridge in the boiler room." "

Wife sounds like keeper. Her beer cooler is a nice idea.  
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    the electronic shutter , the hydraulic shutter

while positive shut off is tight either way , from time to time there have been some minor technicalities with both .

were it not the case , there would not be electrical diagrams showing the removal of the electronic shutter or parts and pieces to fix or remove the hydraulic shutter .

during routine maintenance ? unlikely. normally its 2 a.m. on a holiday and 40 50 below outside , 40 miles out of town ,on a road named ,

i would never come back to this place were i you ,

Nodwell gully ,

or some catchy reminder ...

Weezbo .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NqmeQd-d4
This discussion has been closed.