Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens WB2A - sporadic 05 + 06 codes since new

Greeny1
Greeny1 Member Posts: 9
Checked flue, replaced radial fan, pressure transducer, and LGM board. Swapping VR20 board this week. This is the last thing to replace before warranty is up. 8-9 feet of coaxial with 3 elbows and a 45. Voltages from the pressure switch in check. Also looking for a voltage conditioner to plug inline of the power module. Anyone ever heard of this being needed?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited July 2010
    Geez,,,,

The way most everyone speaks of the Vitodens I didn`t think there was ever a problem!!

I have no-opinion, but I`m sure the "stand-up" people will support anything pertaining.

Hope you didn`t mortgage your home depending on that!
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Yup

Nornally replace both boards at the same time and the problem goes away. Generally an electrical issue, most likely a surge. Starting to see more of these types of electrical issuse pop up with quite a few different high eff type products.

They make a surge protector for the main panel. It basically a spill switch in our world. We actually stock and sell alot of them. A couple of my customers figure the cost of them in the job and hand it over to the electrican to install.

Here's the link:

http://www.intermatic.com/products/surge%20suppression/residential%20hardwired/ig1240%20and%20ig3240.aspx
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Greeny1
    Greeny1 Member Posts: 9
    That was'nt the professional response i was looking for from my first real tech question ever posted here!

Thank you Chris, is this nothing more than a surge protector with a high joule rating or is it more than that? I've put in a couple dozen Vitodens in the past 2 years and have not had a problem.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Same Here

Don;t mind Dave he's a Triange guy. Good guy just speaks his peace. I've only run across this about 3 times in the last year or so. One was a field wiring issue the other two due to surge. Learned my lesson the first time. If one board is an issue the other most likely does too.

I'm not an electrical guy so really not intune with the specifics. From my understanding your thoughts are correct. I will ask him in the am and get back to you.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.