Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water off coil

Options
hello,

I have two ClimateMaster heat pumps here at the college I work at that have water coming off the air coil. I have done the simple-clean coil, adjust blower speed. What I am looking for is a root cause that I can then troubleshoot the problem. Both units are wild return in the mechanical room. What static pressure should I be looking at and how do I read it with no return duct?

Thanks for helping

Don in MO

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I would...

...check for proper pitch of the unit, coil and drain pan if you can. Also, make sure the drain trap is deep enough, and flowing free. You would measure your static against the surrounding air, since that is your return. The return static is essentially zero.

Can you see the water leaving the coil or do you just have wet spots upstream?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    static pressure

I agree, ur return static is ZERO. Where does the conditioned area's return air come from? Is the mech room conditioned by the return air?How long has this "water off the coil"been a problem?Typical residential supply static is .10" & return is .08" - .05", depending. You will have to do some ductalating to see if the AC units can operate w/ 0" static in an institutional application. I think not!Does the college have an on-site engineer?Do you have acess to the original blueprint/spec sheets?Get the spec sheets from the mfg and see what the units are rated for.
This discussion has been closed.