Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old Style Wirsbo Thermostat and Taco Zone Control Clicking

Options
I am having an issue that is keeping me up at night. Just installed a new rAy cast iron condensing boiler using Taco zone valves, and 2 taco 4 zone controllers. The home has Wirsbo thermostats (installed 1999) and I am getting clicking relays, stray amber lights, sometimes all of the lights come on and off on both controllers. I will add that Iam using the indoor air reset feature that takes one leg of the thermostat wire back to the computer in the boiler. Sometimes there is no issue, today the relays were clicking wildly in the Master Bedroom zone. I removed the red wire from the thermostat coming from that zone and the clicking stopped. It happened the other day on a totally different zone. Boiler is only 4 days old and set up by factory rep. Could the Wirsbo electronic thermostats be the problem, or the Indoor Air Reset Feature? HELP!! Thanks, Mike

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Something to read

Attached is a prior bulletin put out by Wirsbo/Uponor back in 2006.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Wirsbo Thermostats

Thanks Chris for the link from Wirsbo. Never saw that one. I guess that is why they do not make the DT 10 anymore. Replaced one thermostat and removed the other Wirsbo and problem went away. Used a good old Honeywell. Thanks. Mike
This discussion has been closed.