Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

B&G is it time to switch to Armstrong

Options
heatguy
heatguy Member Posts: 102
Just had a bad experience with b&g bearing assembly part # 186863 and was wondering if there where others having troubles too.First assembly i purchased (was in factory sealed box)  you could just get  it to turn by hand,went back to supply house got new sealed box bearing assembly,installed and instantly leaked upon install,from weep hole.The supply house is now closed have to leave pump running due to church space  being  used that night. called Wallace Ennace was told had to purchase new one and get that one back to them and they would determine if it was under warranty...  any Armstrong  dealers in central jersey  that are  good  ?

Comments

• Yes.....

had a PL pump noisy out of the box.  Replaced it with another, still noisy but not as bad.  Also, bearing assemblies for 3 piece circs only seem to be lasting only 2 to 3 years. 
    The Steam Whisperer (Formerly Boilerpro)

Chicago's Steam Heating Expert

Noisy Radiators are a Cry for Help
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    edited June 2010
    Options
    weve had our issues and won't use their products anymore.

Besides i like to buy american when i can..buying lots of taco and hydrolevel these days.. b&g making to much overseas..shame..used to be good stuff when it was made by us.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

This discussion has been closed.