Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Advice on buying a new oil tank.

Haligonian
Haligonian Member Posts: 1
Hi, everyone.

We live in Halifax, Nova Scotia and are replacing our oil tank. It had been outside (we just bought our first house) but we are moving it indoors. Our insurance company provides the same coverage for a fibreglass, double steel and the Roth (the three we are looking at). I have heard about leaks with the Roth where the knuckles join the pipe (excuse my inexperienced lingo). So I am wondering what you might suggest for us, should we bite the bullet and get an expensive fibreglass, or just go with the ol' double bottom steel? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• toilburn
    toilburn Member Posts: 44
    Roth

The Roth is a good tank Just make sure the installer has been certified by Roth.
  • Mac_R
    Mac_R Member Posts: 117
    New Oil Tank

The Roth tanks have many advantages over fiberglass and steal tanks.  They are the only tank that has no fittings below the oil level.  Roth tanks use a poly interior tank that wont be eaten by microbial bacteria if you were to get water in the tank.  the outer shell is a rolled steal tank that holds 110% of the interior tank.  As long as you have the fittings installed correctly you will have no leaks anywhere.  Roth also has a lifetime warranty and a $1,000,000. cleanup policy.  Roth tanks are the way to go.  not only are they safe.  But you can get them in sizes ranging from 275 to 400 gallon. 
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    as stated

Riths are nice but makesure if you go that route the installer is a Roth installer.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • shoudabeenaplumba
    shoudabeenaplumba Member Posts: 74
    Roth tanks are great

But as suggested make sure you use a certified Roth installer.  That way you're warranty (and the insurance you get with the tank) is secured.  I was thinking of removing one of my older tanks and replacing it with a Roth 400 gallon, which takes up less floor space than a standard 275 gallon tank.  
This discussion has been closed.