Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I`ll ask again,,,,

As this appears to be a very clean HX after 3 years (on N/G),, there seems to be a slight build-up of what seems to be lime from the combustion process.

As the condensate is acidic anyway, how can this be cleaned-out? Something stronger?,,, or should I even be concerned?

Comments

• TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Ultrasonic

You would have to completely remove it and put it in a utrasonic cleaner. Many motorcycle shops have units large enough to immerse the exchanger.

I wouldnt bother, put it back in for another 3 years and take a look at it again in 3 years.
  • Ultrasonic??

Man that`s a new-one,,,, wonder how many home owners would go along with that?  Warranty issues aside?
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Actually Dave

It is quite common in many businesses where you need to clean things that have small passage ways. I have a small one in the shop for cleaning carburetors, especially the idle jet passages that are impossible to get to any other way.

They are also quite popular for jewelry because they get behind every nook and cranny.

The Prestige exchanger would be perfect for cleaning with ultrasonic, 15 minutes and it would look like it came from the factory again. I dont think a customer would mind that.
  • Hey TonyS,,,,,

I had never heard of this kind of cleaning,, looks impressive.

Only wish there was a portable unit as not to remove the HX.

Customers DO GET nervous when its stripped-down to the box!  :-)
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 764
    Heat exchanger

Dave,  Is that a TT heat exchanger?
    Dave Stroman
  • Unknown
    edited June 2010
    Sure is Dave,,,,

a TT Solo 110.

This is a factory cut-away.
This discussion has been closed.