Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Press/Temp ; Temp/Press Charts

Options
There was a time when a P/T chart [#1] was just a P/T or a T/P chart , with pressure,temp,and vacuum readings.Then out came a P/T chart [#2] with temp, vacuum,vapor[psig] and liquid[psig] readings and then another chart [#3] with press,inches mercury below atmospheric,dew point and bubble point readings.Care to explain the what for's and why not's?

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Professor

when there are 100 viewers with 0 replies I am going to ask for your knowledgeable input.I can feel your twitching fingertips moving, thru, the cosmic energy waves!
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    True to my word

Hi Professor ,I'm back!!!!!!!!!!! With 100 viewers and no advice given I'm looking to your astute knowledge to fill in the blanks in my mechanical brain. If you have the time please tell US's about the different P/T charts. Thanks!
  • Dom DiMambro
    Dom DiMambro Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Refrigerants

with all the changes of refrigerants it's a little hard to understand all of this liquid and vapor pressures from what I can gather when charging a system with r- 400s and r-500s refrigerants you need to recharge in a liquid state instead of a gas If you don't you will make a permanent change in the blend to deviate outside its tolerances of the design . Forane Refrigerants has a nice web site and explains all of this www.forane-us.com

Good Luck Dom
This discussion has been closed.