Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best place to market used boiler

Options
Luv'nsteam
Luv'nsteam Member Posts: 278
I have an excellent condition, barely-used, oil-fired steam boiler for sale, complete with all attached controls.  It was only used for one season, the triplex was sold and the new owner replaced the central steam with individual HVAC units for each rental.  Knowing we are not allowed to sell on heatinghelp.com, I tried on craigslist, but only received interest from "tire kickers".  Does anyone have any suggestions where I might advertise this boiler for sale? 

Thank you,

Mike

Comments

• Luv'nsteam
    Luv'nsteam Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Any suggestions,

From anyone?  Any ideas will be considered.

Thank you,

Mike
  • TomM
    TomM Posts: 233
    Options
    ask Dan

you could ask Dan to set up a 'buying and selling' section on heatinghelp.  I think it would be beneficial to create a market to buy and trade old radiators and obselete parts and such.  Just my opinion though.  Dan probably has objections that supercede such benefits.  I'm not sure if this has been considered or explained in earlier posts.

-

A lot of forums are doing this, for example www.styleforum.net, people buy and sell used mens suits and ties and shoes.  (not that I frequent this) .  However, the useful life of used clothes may be longer than used mechanical parts.   http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20

-

Tom in Conshohocken PA
    beautiful Conshohocken PA
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    edited April 2010
    Options
    keep at it w/ ....

craigslist... may take a while but someone will see it and purchase it. Try more than one state/ area too if you are near a border..... The problem is that there is no warranty to whoever buys it.

That it done once the original install/ owner changes.

You may well have to take a lot less than you want for it to just "dump" it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Years ago,

we had a section on the HeatingHelp.com.site called, "Buy, Sell, Trade." Sounded like a good idea at the time. We asked for a small fee to advertise to cover the cost of building the thing, and that was a problem for most. A few of the buyers and sellers had problems with each other, and some came back to me, expecting me to make good because I had "put the people together."

We dumped it and I learned a few things.
    Retired and loving it.
  • TomM
    TomM Posts: 233
    Options
    thanks Dan

well, it was worth a shot.

Thanks!
    beautiful Conshohocken PA
This discussion has been closed.