Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aw jeeze

I have an industrial customer that has an old office bldg  being demolished.The local town inspector wants my EPA # and paper trail for the recovery of the old but good r22, that's no problem.But,I want to be prepared for the unmentioned  compressor oil, start and run caps, and oil burner's [2] in the attic . What paper work should I have for the above mentioned items, if any! Thanks!

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    You scrapped the units, right?

You recovered the refrigerant as you should have, since it is the property of the building owner. The carcass of the unit was sold to a scrap delaer, right? You do not have to keep any records regarding the disposal of the capacitors, oil etc, since you sold the dead system AS IS to the dealer.

No worries.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Thank You

Professor, the refrigerant is still on site as it is the owners property,as you said.With permission I glommed the suction/liquid lines,the one cond fan motor that was put in last August,and the contactor and hard start kit that was installed last April .The carcasses were left behind for the one company employee to make some beer money on.Thats a "one hand washes the other" deal, so no problem there.The bldg will be gone in a week or three.
This discussion has been closed.