Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

are there any evacuated tubes ...

michael_34
michael_34 Member Posts: 304
being made outside of China?

I was told that Thermomaxx are not made in the UK any more.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,019
    A few

in Germany and Italy that I know of. Look at the SWE mag archives they did a review on evac tube manufacturers a few issues ago.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Fortunat
    Fortunat Member Posts: 103
    there are some european and US tube manufacturers

If you have a strong objection to buying imported stuff, it is worth paying careful attention when buying solar collectors because lots of times a collector will be advertised as US made, when the actual US made content is minimal.

For example, there are a couple of 'US made' double wall evacauted tube collector manufacturers who prominently feature the american flag on all their literature and really promote the US manufacturing, but if you look closely, almost all are importing the tubes from Asia, and just making a manifold and frame here.

Having said that, I do believe that the company solar panels plus, either has or is about to launch an all american evacauted tube collector (they've been importers of Apricus for years and also have sold their own chinese made collector for a while). I haven't actually seen a US made product from them, but they claim it is on the way....so there you have it.

Personally, I don't much care where the product is made as long as it is made responsibly and with high quality and by a company that will stand behind it when push comes to shove. We buy and install stuff from the US, Austria, Germany, Turkey, China, Isreal, Canada, Phillipenes, Mexico and I'm sure a whole lot more that I don't know about.

~Fortunat

www.revisionenergy.com
This discussion has been closed.