Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carrier 44RR 028

Options
EDIT: It's a 40RR. not 44RR.

I have to go back on a call on Monday to get a Carrier 44RR-028 air handler with a hot water coil up and running until we can size up for a potential replacement. I was there on Friday, but only for enough time to know that I needed to come back. The system had be broken up when the building was sold and I need to put it all back together. I managed to get the boilers running, but the air handler blower never came on.

So my question...is there a temperature sensor on the coil? Did I not let the boilers run long enough before the blower kicked in? I think, for the limited time I was there, I only got the water up to 100 degrees.

Comments

• sasman
    sasman Member Posts: 32
    Options
    40rr

wiring diagram shows a temp activated switch as optional
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    ALL APART

It's been my experance that an add on aquastat is field installed,and 1oo* is not nearly hot enough to bring on thr blower . If the equipment had been partially dismanteled, did air get into the hot water lines? and the bldg is cold?I would run the blower  continuisly to prevent short cycling the blower on the aquastat{if there is one} and taking 4ever to warm the bldg up.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Mainly...

...I've just been seeing a lot of loose wires. All of the major boiler/coil piping seems to be untouched. I was able to get the blower running when I jumped red and green t-stat wires, or by pushing in the contactor, so I know the air handler is capable of working. I think I'll snoop around inside the unit a bit more and let the water temperature work its way up to at least 180 before jumping to any more conclusions. I'm just hoping it has something to do with the water temperature, because it looks like whoever marked the control wires only had the number ten left in their roll of stickers.

Thank you for the literature.
  • sasman
    sasman Member Posts: 32
    Options
    40rr

how old is this thing
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Hahahah

Old enough to just get it working until we size up for replacement. I think the boilers are Well McLain PFG models. Not positive. They're in worse shape than the 40RR. And since everything is in a storage room on the third floor of a warehouse, I'm going to try my damndest to get that blower running. The boilers definitely need to go. I just need to get them heat for a couple more weeks.
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    If that the case

And short term is your goal, then used a stat that will energize the fan in heat mode.
This discussion has been closed.