Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Legend 1" Valve question

Can someone tell the reducing bushing size that will fit into where the valve stem would go? I went to fw webb they said it wasn't a 1.5" or a 1.25". I want to add a vent to the top of this valve.

Thanks for your help
Weil McLean SGO4, Riello Gas Burner
404 sq ft EDR
Old Burnham V8 Removal

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2010
    not that type of thread

It does not line up with pipe thread. you can thread and tap the radiator if you are careful there should be another spot opposite the current vent. have you tried a larger vent on the radiator?
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • extra venting for riser

why not put a gorton "d" on the radiator in the usual vent tapping? the capacity is the same as a gorton #1 on a riser.

the valve bonnet threads are not tapered like regular pipe threads, so no joy there.---nbc
  • Maine Vent
    Maine Vent Member Posts: 130
    Drill and Tap Size??

Thanks Charlie & nbc, can either one of you tell me drill size and tap size for 1/8" groton air vent?
    404 sq ft EDR
    Old Burnham V8 Removal
  • Maine Vent
    Drill & Tap size

I see grotons come 1/8" or 1/4" for the 4,5,6,D models, can someone update my previous thread to these drill and tap sizes. I have vari vents now which i think are 1/8". do you measure the inside diameter of the vent hole itself?

Thank You
    404 sq ft EDR
    Old Burnham V8 Removal
  • extra venting

just put the gorton on in place of the old vent, and see if there is improvement.--nbc
  • Maine Vent
    Easier Fix

Thanks nbc, your right, a larger vent is easier to install than drill and tapping steel.
    404 sq ft EDR
    Old Burnham V8 Removal
This discussion has been closed.