Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermocouples

Options
Dave_23
Dave_23 Member Posts: 190
Hi  there.  I have a WM EG-35 steam boiler, standing pilot.  Over the weekend I replaced my second 30 millivolt thermocouple in two years.  The boiler was installed in 2001, and the stock WM-supplied thermocouple which came with the boiler lasted 10 years.  Subsequently, I replaced it with a Universal Honeywell Thermocouple (sorry, Honeywell...), purchased for about $10 at the local hardware store, which lasted about 12 months.  I replaced it again over the weekend with my backup spare (another HW Universal).  Any suggestions for makes and models of heavy duty 30 mV thermocouples that may last few more years or that won't burn out as quickly?  Note 1: WM no longer supplies their original t'couples.  Note 2:  The form factor of the WM t'couple mount is screw-in, same as the HW universal.  Any suggestions will be much appreciated.  Dave.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thermocouples

Hi Dave- I'm not a burn man so can't help you much. I would suggest you post your question over in the "Gas Heating". While there are people here that I'm sure can answer your question, I would think it might be more likely to get a faster answer over in that section. Tim McElwain hangs out over there and he is very knowledgeable in the area you're inquiring about.

- Rod
  • Dave_23
    Dave_23 Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Thermocouples

Thanks.  Will do.
This discussion has been closed.