Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

stop boiler overfill

OK from another post, I would like to put a better safety measure to stop over filling from a bad auto fill or LWCO. in an apt house.

It was suggested that a solenoid be hooked to the pressuretrol, and set it to the lowest  would work.

I'll have someone else more qualified do it

but

Does it make much difference in putting the solenoid  before or after the autofill?

Comments

• RAF
    RAF Member Posts: 65
    cant see why it would matter

Can't see why it would matter your just trying to stop the water from feeding.
  • TeamBRAZO
    TeamBRAZO Member Posts: 18
    Boiler over filling

We have a building that I fought for a month trying to figure out why it had always over filled (the last 10 years).  After many hours researching and trail and error, I found that it was caused by the new boiler holding much less water than the boiler that had been in place for 70 years.  So, the water would be sucked out of the boiler and cause the auto-feed to kick in. 

The fix was a VXT auto-feeder that allowed me to delay the feeder up to 10 minutes.  I found that 8 minutes would work in getting the water to return to the boiler.  So after installing the VXT, which has a water meter, I found out that instead of just be over filled - I'm actually losing water every day.  Now I'm in the process of finding out where the water is going - but I feel that I have it more under control with the VXT.  The boiler does not overfill - water level is always good.  Now, just need to find the leak (harder with tenants in place).
This discussion has been closed.