Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Outdoor reset control.

I'm looking for a simple, economical, outdoor reset control.

I need it to vary the load circulating pump speed to throttle my boiler water temperature.

What's available ?

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Your asking for Two

Seperate things. I'm going to assume your system is zoned with zone valves based on your question of only wanting to control 1 pump and I am going to assume you have a conventional cast iron boiler.

Control the zones via a Taco EXP zone control. Add the PC-700 outdoor-rest card. Change the system pump to a Grundfoss Alpha. Now you have out-door reset and circulator modulation...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • GBriggs
    GBriggs Member Posts: 15
    Reset Question

Another option would be to use the Honeywell AQ2000 which is very easy to set up and has many simple to use features. One of the features I am using is the "data log" which tells me how long each zone has been calling. The model to look at for one temp reset is the AQ25142B2.
  • RAF
    RAF Member Posts: 65
    Also take a look at Tekmar

I installed a Tekmar in my house about three years ago with out a lot of fuss and it has saved me a lot.
  • chuck172
    chuck172 Member Posts: 90
    tekmar?

Which tekmar control did you get?
  • RAF
    D356

I have the D356 picked it up from Sid Harveys.
  • RAF
    You may want to look at

Model A265 download there pdf I am guessing we are talking about a small residential system.
This discussion has been closed.