Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Glass tile and radiant floors

Simply Rad
Simply Rad Member Posts: 184
Hello all

I am working on an arcitects home and its been an adventure to say the least. All form and no function.  I am fighting for the good guys the whole time.  Just got word that the master bath is going to have glass tiles.  I am not sure if I have ever used this product and feedback would be appreciated.  Stay warm

Jeffrey
Jeffrey Campbell

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Floors or walls??

Glass has a different emmisivity.

Had a residential gym once that was finished in highly polished S.S. It Didn't work real well for delivering comfort...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Simply Rad
    Radiant floor

ME

The tile is layed over Thermofin U plates and is the master bathroom floor.

Thanks for the input

Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Campbell
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    You should be fine...

provided the misses doesn't have a truck load of Indian Woven rugs she plans to throw on your heat emitter...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Simply Rad
    No wool rugs just a down blanket!

I have been getting on the interior decorators about carpet, but recently I have had to get on them about the padding under the throw rugs. Details are hard to keep up with sometimes.   Tonite we have design conditions or even below.  We are looking at 20-30F below zero.  I am sittings here in my kitchen right now its -9F the Vito is running at 118F and I am soooooo cozy!  Warm thougths

Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Campbell
This discussion has been closed.