Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermopride furnace

S Daly_2
S Daly_2 Member Posts: 8
Is Thermopride the best furnace for oil?

Steve

Comments

• Damon
    Damon Member Posts: 32
    Thermo Pride Rocks

Thermo Pride is highly recommended by many pros so I bought an OL5-85 with a variable speed motor back in ~96. It is built like a tank. No cheap thin sheetmetal anywhere and not one problem with it other than routine maintenance (nozzles, etc). I did have some soot but that was due to lack of proper maintenance by some "pros". Mine has a Beckett AF with the standard Suntec pump. The newer ones have the Cleancut pumps and I think AFG's. Reillos are offered as well.  
  • By Far The Best

Thermo Pride furnaces are BY FAR the best choice in oil heating furnaces.  I can install any brand of furnace BUT I chose to install Thermo Pride.  You, Me or Donald Trump can not buy a better furnace.  Good Luck!
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    I Agree

Built like a Brick $#!? house .. I had to once dismantle a low boy Thermopride to get it into a basement .. The heat exchanger weighed as much as a steel boiler .. With these new burners hitting 2600 degrees it would be my way to go ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    Thermo pride

thermo pride is one of the best but like all oil fired equiptment it needs proper service and if proper service is not done you will destroy the baffle over the burner and there is replaement for the baffle .When the baffle is destroyed you are stuck and will need to replace the unit this generally happens when annaul cleaning are not performed and the stack temp goes up and out the window ( i have seen 1250 degree stack temp ,baffle over burner was destroyed)Aside from that they are built like a tank and with yearly and proper service they are built to last a life time whih is more then an be said for other oil fired hot air furnaces ,personally i believe that a standard a/c air handler fitted with a properly sized hot water coil working off a oil fired hot water boiler  is a bit more eff and leaves more hydronicalternatives then a standard hot air system .More money for sure better system no doubt but thermopride is the only oil fired hot air furnace i would even think of using most of the rest of the heap are nothing in comparision peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Coany
    Coany Member Posts: 91
    yes the best

rugged and substantial, basic and sturdy.

I love to sell them cause i know the customer will be happy with it for decades.
    " Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Teddy Roosevelt
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    GREAT

They are by far one if not the best on the market. They make a nice 2 stage unit also.
This discussion has been closed.