Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dan Foss RA2000 heating valves

Options
Darryl_3
Darryl_3 Member Posts: 6
How can you tell if they are working properly? Can they be opened manually?

Would these valves also cause noise in the baseboard?

Thanks for all replies.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Testing, testng, 1,2,3

Darryl,

If the valve is completely turned off, the emmitter should be cold. As for as checking the function of the actual pin/seat assembly, if you remove the operator, you can manually press on the pin assembly, and you should be able to hear a HISS as the pin enters the seat.

As for noise, I have heard a continual low grade hiss as the needle is positioned in the seat assembly near the close off point. This is usually a condition of excess pressure caused by oversized circulators being operated without a pressure activated bypass.

Lastly, if installed backwards in relation to the flow, as the needle and seat assembly approach set point, the flow will suck the needle into the seat, causing a thump, thump, thump. It is meant to close off floow agint the flow, not with it.

Setting 3.5 is roughly 70 degrees F.

HTH

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    Options
    RA2000

TRV's and base work well, the main issue is the actuator getting a good reading of the room temp. Since most base is located on exterior walls this can be difficult. I'v seen people cut a hole thru the front of the base and let the actuator project forward, it looked sloppy.

I'v used the combined remote mounted dial and sensor with great success. A less expensive option would be a valve mounted dial and remote actuator, inconvenient to adjust, but inconspicuous, and suitable for set it and forget it applications. I love the way trv's balance system flow rates in relation to thermal requirements.
This discussion has been closed.