Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Zone Valve Controllers

I have a customer who has 3 Taco Zone valves (2 for heating & 1 for DHW) He wants me to install a circ. on the DHW, but keep everything else the way it is. He has a Taco Zone Valve controller on his boiler. (I have never seen one before) but I dont see anywhere on the panel where you could connect a circ? Then i looked into getting a 3 zone switching realy, but then how would i connect the Taco zone valves into the zone panel? I mean I have 3 contacts on the taco zone vlaves, and how do I connect those to the zone panel? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

-Chris

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Taco Zone Control

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but the wire diagram is in glued to the inside of the cover.  Page 31 of attached Taco Wiring Guide will give it to you also.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Chris_102
    Chris_102 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2009

That was easy! Thanks for your help! HAHA!
  • Chris_102
    Chris_102 Member Posts: 19

I have one other question about the wiring diagram that I am not understanding, and hopefully someone can help. On tthe instruction sheet for the ZVC404, I want to wire this for the optional system circ. & DHW, and if I am understanding this correctly, it's telling me to bring 120V into the Extra End Switch side, and what looks like to me being a 24V circut? 
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Yep!

Its just a switch.  Closes the common when switched.
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • M Downey_2
    M Downey_2 Member Posts: 21
    dry contact

It looks to be a dry set of contacts; that is, there isn't any power supplied from the board going to the contacts. As Eric said, it's just a switch, which completes the circuit, turning the circulator on.
This discussion has been closed.