Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Product suggestion - hyronic heating thermostat

Hello!

Firstly, I've learned quite a bit from this site that helped me resolve my heating issues - thanks to everyone!

On to the Q: I have a small older condo with a single zoned hydronic baseboard heating system. My biggest problem is that the only thermostat is located much too far away from the baseboards and the sleeping area, so temperature fluctuations are huge.

Can anyone suggest a thermostat with a remote that would be compatible with the 24v system that the heater uses? I don't need fan controls, but it would seem that they all come with this. Are there any that don't? Are any of them programmable?

Will using one of the thermostats with heat/fan/cool settings still work? It seems such a waste.

Thanks!

Bart

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    edited December 2009
    Simple fix...

Get a Honeywell (or other) wireless thermostat and carry it with you where ever you go (in the house...) and comfort will be your constant companion.

I had a customer once who decided to do just that, and had three zones, and occasionally her kids would "cross the invisible lines" with the thermostats, and create problems. I ended up using a large print format label maker and eliminated the problem...

Most all of them come with the "extra's" as a means of justifying their cost. Don't think you will find otherwise for much less.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.