Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler pressure problem

Options
<strong>Would like to know why my boiler pressure keeps building up higher and higher.

I have propane boiler (Valliant) and hydronic floor heat on first floor with the second floor having forced air from the heated coil.  My domestic hot water is also on this system.  I have five circulators and four zones.  One zone for garage is disconnected.  The tech's just keep changing the pressure valve and maker it a higher pressure relieve valve.  We now have a 50 psi.  We have shut off the water supply to automatic feed to see if that was leaking, and it still built pressure.

We have paid two people to look at it.  No one has fixed it.  One was a hydronic heater person, and the other one also.  The second guy released the pressure from the highest point in attic with the air handler.  He stated it had to be bled down from highest point.  I took the pressure down to 20.  He stated it would not go above 25-and it is now 30 within a week from him being here.

Please help--afraid to leave the house!

</strong>

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Domestic water

Without seeing your system, from what you are describing, you might have a leak in the heat exchanger for you domestic water.

How old is the system?  How is the boiler heating your domestic water? Indirect water heater?

Changing the relief valve is not the cure, it will only add to the problem in most cases.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.