Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Slant fin: difference between 15 and 30

johnri
johnri Member Posts: 10
What is the difference between Slant Fin baseboard 15 and 30? Thanks

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    BTU/ft/hr and height, mainly.

http://www.slantfin.com/product-baseboard.html

The 30 is maid from "Commercial Grade Galvanized Steel."
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Avoid 15

On Fri. I wanted 2 pieces of 30.They were out but had 15. I chose 80 with a smaller legth. If you touch the front cover of 15 it pops off. I've had words with customers.
  • Keith M
    Keith M Member Posts: 78
    FIle/Line 15

Fine/Line 15 front cover should not fall off when installed properly. This baseboard has a unique feature where the top of the front panel "engages" with the top of the baseboard bracket. Also, there is a tab on the bottom of the bracket that can be used to lock the bottom of the front cover on.

Briefly, when installing the front cover hook the top of the front cover on the bracket with the front cover parallel to the floor. By gently pulling the front cover away from the bracket swing the bottom of the cover down to the bracket. Snap the bottom of the cover onto the bracket. If you want to lock the cover on, bend the tap cut into the part of the bracket where the bottom of the front cover snaps on. Bend it so the bottom of the front cover is locked in place.

These instructions are printed on Fine/Line 15 boxes.

Keith Muhlmeister

Slant/Fin
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    edited October 2009
    Have used both

I have not found any benefit to using the 30 over the 15.  Maybe a curvy wall or something, but, if you follow the simple installation instructions the covers go on great...and should stay on. 

Again, I have not had any problems.  I'm not discounting any problems other have had.

Dirty, oily and the thinnest copper known to man is the real question that should be addressed.
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • johnri
    johnri Member Posts: 10
    Aune-Have used both.....

"Dirty, oily and the thinnest copper known to man is the real question that should be addressed"

Eric ... could you elaborate on what you mean.... Thanks
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Baseboard in general

Just a comment on all brands of copper fin-tube.  Not Slantfin in particular.  It would be nice to install fin-tube that was made from at least type-m tubing.  The oil/residue I complain about is from the fins, but after all these years couldn't they come up with something a little better?
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
This discussion has been closed.