Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WATER CONTENT

Options
BEN_9
BEN_9 Member Posts: 3
Replacing an American Standard steam boiler. I would like to know what the water content is for 2B J3, G6010, 3263 sq ft/hr steam.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    boiler water capacity

i am sure that all boilers made in the last 50 years will have similar ratios of water capacity to the EDR. so if you are worried that the new boiler will run out of water, before it fills the system with steam-don't. try going all gravity, and spend the money otherwise spent on an over-feeder elsewhere such as plenty of gorton vents, and a vaporstat.

if you have any problem later, do a search for "reservoir tank" here. it is non powered, so you can run the boiler off a computer UPS during power outages. however, unless you have very long runs of main steam line, you probably won't need it.--nbc
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the hydronics rating handbook

doesn't list the water content for that particular boiler..tho if it did that info wouldn't be of that much value to you, as what i think your really after is how much water is actually in the operating range of the boiler..can you measure that with buckets from the existing boiler?
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

This discussion has been closed.