Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Pump Maintaince

I was talking to a fellow worker the other day about maintaining a heating system.

He said that the installer told him that his heat pump system didn't need routine maintaince.  He was told to just change the filters and clean around the units outside.  Is that right?  I have a mod/con boiler and it requires pretty extensive routine maintaince.  So is he been fed a line.  Thanks

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    H.P. maintenance

You can get away with zero maintenance on some units,but they are few and far between. Some people are just lucky. I prefer customers that like the idea of yearly inspections.Over all,I get very few emergency calls on my inspected equipment.Every unit comes with an installation guide,and every one that I have read states "YEARLY INSPECTION'S REQUIRED"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    I agree W/Terry

Although the equipment will continue to run, dirty condenser coils during the summer months will cost the consumer more money to operate due to the higher running pressures which could have been avoided by cleaning it yearly.  That's just 1 example.  It's like your teeth,.....Ignore them and they will go away!!!

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.