Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE DIP SWITCHES SHOULD BE SET ON A RUUD UBHK-21J00NHD? USING 2 1/2 TON OUTDOOR UNIT. AIR HANDLER IS 3 TON VARIABLE SPEED.

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Joe

Considering that 400 cfm per ton is your target, You'll have to look at the settings and choose the required air flow to match your condenser out put of 2.5 Tons which in this case is 1000cfm.  Now since you indoor coil is ratted at 3.0 ton (If that's the case) you will get the benefit of more de-humidification due to the larger surface area of the indoor coil.  Now you can dial down to 350 cfm/ton to aid in greater de-humidification, but that's a whole other topic....  Hope that was helpful.

Mike T.
  • JOE7271
    JOE7271 Member Posts: 3
    DIP SWITCH SETTINGS

JOE I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT. I UNDERSTAND THE BENEFITS OF DOING THIS. I GUESS I FAILED TO MENTION I DONT HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM OR ANY BOOKLETS FROM THE AIR HANDLER. IVE SPENT HOURS ON DIFFERENT SITES AND CANT FIND EXACTLY WHAT IM LOOKING FOR. THOUGHT SOMEONE MAY HAVE ONE LYING AROUND OR CAN DIRECT ME TO A SITE WITH BETTER INFO. 14 SEER, VARIABLE SPEED MODEL UBHK 21JOONHD WITH 3 TON A COIL. 2 1/2 OUTDOOR
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited September 2009
    dip switches

Hi Joe,I agree with MikeT.The factory setting are a good starting place,but, for fine tuning you must have the manual.Ruud and Rheem are the same mfrg,only the first letter is different.Try www.rheemote.net. I beleave the first letter would be an "R"
This discussion has been closed.